Technical Assistance Services
MyPath provides training and technical assistance to city agencies, nonprofits, and financial institutions with the goal of supporting them to build youth financial capability pathways and embed them in youth workforce systems and programs. MyPath has generated a wealth of best practices, tools and lessons from ten years of designing, testing and scaling youth financial capability models with an array of partners. Having done the work ourselves, our staff brings both on-the-ground expertise and systems level strategy expertise. We also have tested evaluation tools and processes to measure effectiveness and impact.
- Assessment of client’s readiness, objectives, and goals for their youth financial empowerment strategy to create a financial capability pathway action plan.
- Customized training, a Train-the-Trainer model for program staff, MyPath Savings program materials, and a step-by-step implementation plan and user guide to ensure seamless integration into program settings.
- Technical assistance to ensure all youth account backend and implementation processes are integrated into program systems, including direct deposit set up, automatic payroll deductions, and auto-split.
- Technical assistance to work with local credit unions to build in vetted financial products, including tip sheets on youth financial product features and tested enrollment processes to achieve efficiencies and reduce youth barriers.
- Comprehensive youth financial capability and youth development evaluation framework and tools developed in partnership with an outside evaluation team comprised of leading field researchers. MyPath tools benchmark client’s efforts and prove the impact of client’s youth financial capability program integration (includes both quantitative and qualitative data collection tools).
MyPath has provided Technical Assistance & Consulting services to 35+ youth workforce organizations, cities, municipalities, and financial institutions in San Francisco, San Jose, and Reno, NV, and is currently working with several new cities for 2016 roll-outs.
If you are interested in learning more about our TA & Consulting services, please contact our Strategic Growth Lead, Catherine Dhongade, at Catherine@MyPathUS.org.
“We are proud to have innovative financial capability programs like MyPath Savings coming out of San Francisco and are pleased to partner with MyPath, Self-Help Federal Credit Union and United Way as they expand MyPath Savings’ reach in the city. We know that saving is connected to upward economic mobility, and San Francisco wants to support its working youth to open accounts, start saving and learn how to manage their paychecks.”